1500 tph Mineral Sands Dry Mining Unit (track mounted) – GCO
The Grande Côte mineral sands operation (GCO) is the largest single dredge mineral sands operation in the world. Over an expected mine life of at least 25-years, GCO will primarily produce high-quality zircon and ilmenite as well as small amounts of rutile and leucoxene.
ADP was awarded the contract to design and supply (CIP) a mobile, 1500 tph Dry Mining Unit in April 2021. The machine has been fabricated, trial assembled and pre-commissioned and was delivered to Senegal May 2022. Thereafter, it was transported to site and commissioned.
Key Success Factors:
· Mobile – Track mounted, twin track robust, easily manoeuvrable.
· Safe for personnel – Remotely operated (even for track) via a pendant control. No personnel near the machine. Avoids injury or death.
· Controlled feed – Very robust and precise feed control and feedback loop for density and flow control.
· Robust and reliable technology – All components of the machine are tried and tested in the mining industry and are very reliable and robust.
· Primary power supply 33 kV
· Onboard transformers
· Installed power 1.4 MW
· Absorbed power 1.1 MW
· Onboard hydraulics
· Onboard Diesel Generator
Process and operational capabilities:
· Front end loader fed – Komatsu WA900
· Nameplate throughput 1500 tph
· Peak design throughput 1800 tph
· Design slurry SG 1.52
· Slurry density control
Project and delivery information:
· RSA Fabrication including full trial assembly
· Sea freighted to site
· Delivered to Dakar, Senegal on time and within budget
· Commissioned 2-weeks after mechanical completion
· Achieved nameplate throughput (1500 tph) during commissioning
· Entered continuous operation (CONTOPS) directly after commissioning
For more on the Dry Mining Unit, visit our website page : What Sets Us Apart : Sustainable Development (video included).