MANAGER OF ENGINEERING
Lycopodium ADP is an engineering and project management consultancy providing studies, engineering, project implementation and plant optimization services with an innovative and high quality approach.
Lycopodium ADP is part of the ADP group of companies with a head office in Cape Town.
Following the acquisition of a majority shareholding in the ADP group by Lycopodium Ltd, the projects company (previously ADP Projects) has been realigned to function in line with the Lycopodium Minerals businesses in Perth, Brisbane, Toronto and Manila, and renamed Lycopodium ADP (LADP).
As part of the revised operational structure LADP requires to identify and appoint an appropriate candidate into the position of Manager of Engineering who will be responsible to manage the Engineering Group to produce outputs that are fit for purpose, in alignment with customer requirements and organisational objectives, and produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
Based in Cape Town, the Manager of Engineering will report to the Managing Director. The direct reports to the Manager of Engineering will be the Head of Discipline for each engineering discipline, Drawing Office Manager / Lead Design / Drafting Coordinator, and Manager of / Lead Document Controller.
- Ensure the consistent quality of output of the Engineering Group, ensuring that it is aligned with the needs of the client, company and meets OH&S regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the technical competence and reputation of the Engineering Group is enhanced and developed to consistently meet the technical requirements of incoming projects and the company strategic development plans.
- Develop engineering work opportunities for the Engineering Group that is in accordance with the Company’s strategic plan.
- Develop a mutual benefit ethos within the group so that individuals and teams can direct their work outputs to suit the overall objectives of the Company.
- Develop and maintain the various design standards, specifications and procedures necessary to enable all design teams to work efficiently and maintain a reasonably consistent approach and a high standard of work across all projects and studies.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Monitoring of the production of design outputs on schedule and according to budget when performing the role of Design Manager.
- Extent to which problems are experienced in implementing the design as measured by site rectification costs.
- Customer satisfaction – both internal and external.
- Reimbursability and overhead costs compared to budgets.
- Retention and development of core staff measured by turnover of those personnel.
- High morale and good communication within the Engineering Group.
- Well defined roles and responsibilities within the Engineering Group.
- Systems, practices and procedures implemented and understood and continuously improved.
- Design approval of drawings, standards, master specifications and group procedures when performing the role of Design Manager.
- Final approval of Group personnel timesheets and minor expenditure claims.
- Approval of invoices for selected studies and small projects where there is a direct management responsibility.
- Initiate and implement design reviews and audits on the design of current projects and studies.
- Preparation of design budgets and schedules as part of a proposal or tender submission.
- Allocation of Engineering Group personnel to projects and studies.
- Make recommendations to the Managing Director for the engagement and termination of Engineering Group personnel.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Engineering
- Member of ECSA or an internationally recognised professional engineering body
- At least 15 years experience in various aspects of mineral processing and related industries
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical background with a broad multi-disciplinary base in mineral processing design.
- Previous experience in design office operations.
- Good organisational skills.
- Managerial-leadership ability.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Capacity to delegate appropriately.
- Capacity for clear thinking and planning.
- Capacity to evaluate work practices, implement systems and suggest alternatives and refinements where necessary.
- Ability to articulate and exemplify the purpose and ethos of the organisation.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision with consistently high degree of accuracy and producing a high quality of deliverables.
Should you be interested in this challenging opportunity, please email your updated comprehensive CV to Monique Davies at email@example.com
Should you not receive any feedback within 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful, and your details will remain on our database for future reference